President Barack Obama offered a bit of wisdom to a ballroom filled with celebrities, political insiders, and journalists: There are a few things in life harder to find and more important to keep than love. "Well, love and a birth certificate," he quipped at last night's black-tie White House Correspondents' Association dinner. The president out-joked emcee Jay Leno, reports Politico, who generally played it safer than, say, Stephen Colbert.
- The president then took aim at Leno, saying the talk-show host was "the only person whose ratings fell more than mine."
- Obama hears he's popular on Twitter and Facebook. "Or as Sarah Palin calls it, the socialized media."
- Leno later picked up on the same theme, saying the president isn't as aloof as critics claim. "He loves to socialize—health care, car companies."
- "The Jonas Brothers are here!" said Obama. "Sasha and Malia are huge fans, but boys don't get any ideas. I have two words for you: Predator Drones. You'll never see it coming."
- "I saw Michael Steele backstage…aka, Notorious GOP," said Obama. "Michael, who knows truly what's plagues Americans today: Taxation without representin'."
- And finally: "You wanna know what really tickles me? Eric Massa.”