When Alesaundra Tafoya's parents taught her to go to a nearby fire station in case of emergency, they never imagined the tot would act on the safety lesson so soon. Alesaundra, 3, walked two blocks to a fire station after her father collapsed in their Northern California home last week, alerting rescuers who were then able to give her father life-saving medical treatment, CNN reports.
Doctors said the father, who accidentally overdosed on medication, would have died without the intervention of the heroic toddler, who told firefighters her daddy was "frozen," and showed them the way back to her house. "I've been here over 20 years," a surprised fire captain said. "It's the first time I've had a 3-year-old walk up to the fire station."