super glue

3 Stories

Curious Dog Eats Super Glue, Gets Great Souvenir

'Just a small amount had just swollen up to the size of a turkey leg'

(Newser) - An Oklahoma City family has a permanent memento of the time their 6-month-old Weimaraner ate a bottle of Gorilla Glue: a perfect mold of the dog's stomach. CNN reports Lake made a snack of the partially full bottle of super glue she found in the trash last Thursday and... More »

Mom Gets 99 Years for Gluing Tot's Hands

Elizabeth Escalona sentenced for beating her toddler

(Newser) - A Dallas woman who beat her 2-year-old daughter and glued the toddler's hands to a wall because she was struggling with potty training was sentenced today to 99 years in prison. Family members in the courtroom sobbed loudly as the judge announced Elizabeth Escalona's punishment. Escalona pleaded guilty... More »

Super Glue Inventor Dead at 94

Harry Wesley Coover Jr. never got rich off his most famous invention

(Newser) - The name Harry Wesley Coover Jr., who died Saturday at the age of 94, might not ring a bell, but you've almost certainly heard of his most famous invention: Super Glue. Coover first stumbled upon the adhesive (formal name: cyanoacrylates) while working on clear plastic gun-sights during World War II;... More »

3 Stories

AROUND THE WEB