New features on our site
Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Open stories in a new tab or window:
Mark stories I've read:
Open stories in a new tab or window
- If you don't want to lose your place on the grid when you open a story, turn this feature on: Stories will then open in a new browser tab or window. Close the tab or window after you've read the story to pick up where you left off in the grid.
Mark Stories I’ve Read
- Want to make sure you don’t miss a thing? This feature darkens stories on the grid after you’ve opened the story page, helping you see instantly what you've already read.
- Want to change the look of the home page? This feature allows you to see a clean headline-only version of the grid (list view) or the default (grid view) which includes the thumbnail images.
- Want to make the font in our stories a little bigger so they are easier to read? This feature will slightly increase the font size in our stories (large font) as compared to the default (regular font) experience.
- Do you prefer a page with a dark background with light text? This feature will change our pages so they have a dark background with light text (dark mode) as opposed to the default experience (light mode) where the background is light and the text is dark.
- Do you want to be able to swipe from story-to-story? Or back to the previous page? This feature turns this on or off.
Side-by-side home page experience
- Would you like to have a narrow list of stories on the left of the Newser home page and see the story immediately to the right without navigating to another page? This feature will enable this on larger devices for a more efficient reading experience.
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.