With fresh fighting erupting in Tripoli today, the intervention clearly isn't over yet—but how much are we already in for? The Pentagon yesterday announced how much we've spent in Libya through July 31: $896 million. But that's not the only number ABC News collected. Libya, by the numbers:
- $25 million: The amount we also promised the Transitional National Council in non-lethal aid.
- 120,000: The number of Halal meals the military shipped to Benghazi in May.
- 5,316: The number of sorties US planes have flown since April 1.
- 22.7%: The percent of those sorties that were airstrike missions.
- $221.9 million: The cash we've made by selling ammunition, fuel, and other military goods to our allies.