The US Army has some rules for social media use—but even if you’re not a soldier, you might do well to adhere to some of those rules. From the Atlantic Wire:
- On Facebook: DO “spell check every post prior to posting; the Army’s reputation is at stake.”
- On Facebook: DON’T “use social media (teen) language in professional posts (ex: i wanna b ur bff 2day & 4evr)."
- On Facebook: Remember, “it only takes one unprofessional slip to taint a reputation.”
- On Twitter: DO “tweet Army senior leader quotes.”
- On Twitter: DON’T “tweet too many times in a day (you will lose followers).”
- On Twitter: Remember, “once a tweet is out there, it is out there.”
Click for the Atlantic’s complete list