And it's here: Apple has unveiled its sleeker iPhone 5, and if you've been following the leaks ahead of time, there are no big surprises. Some highlights:
- It is the thinnest and lightest iPhone yet (0.3 inches thick and 4.3 ounces). The phone is made entirely of aluminum and glass.
- The screen is 4 inches diagonally, up from 3.5 inches on the 4S.
- The price is $200 for 16GB with a two-year carrier contract, $300 for 32GB, and $400 for 64GB.
- Preorders start Friday and shipping starts on Sept. 21.
- It will work on 4G cellular networks (LTE) and be supported by Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T, reports the AP.
- In addition to faster WiFi, the phone has a faster processing chip and, supposedly, better battery life.
- “It’s a jewel," says Apple's Phil Schiller. "It’s the most beautiful product we’ve ever made, bar none."
Lots of live blogging going on, including at the Wall Street Journal