Hollywood, the land of liberal politics and casual sex? Maybe so, but a few celebrities have held pro-life views in recent years. Huffington Post rounds 'em up:
- Jack Nicholson: The admitted "womanizer" (thanks, Radar) says his mother was a teenage showgirl when she got pregnant with him. People urged her to abort Jack, but she refused. Ergo his pro-life stance.
- Martin Sheen: A devout Catholic, he espoused his conservative views on an Irish talk show two years ago. He said his pro-life philosophy prevented him from supporting President Obama in 2008.
- Kathy Ireland: The former model talked about her religious views at the Council for Life's annual luncheon in 2011. She said her beliefs led her to become pro-life.
- Mel Gibson: "God is the only one who knows how many children we should have, and we should be ready to accept them," he told Barbara Walters in 1990. "That decision doesn't belong to us."
- Justin Bieber: In 2011, he told Rolling Stone that abortion is "like killing a baby." Question about cases of rape, he said, "Well, I think that's really sad, but everything happens for a reason. ... I wouldn't be able to judge that."
- Ben Stein: The "Anyone? Anyone?" actor from Ferris Bueller's Day Off has long taken conservative stands. He worked as a speechwriter for presidents Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford.
Click for the full list