Apple has been around for almost a quarter of a century, but not all of its products were as ingenious as the iPod. Wired highlights the company's biggest flops.
- The MessagePad (AKA The Newton): Fashioned to revolutionize personal computing, this PDA was too far ahead of its time for consumers.
- Apple Pippin: Apple's only foray into the world of video game systems got buried by Nintendo, Sega, and Sony.
- The TAM: Apple celebrated its 20th anniversary by releasing a computer that looked impressive but didn't offer anything innovative under the shell.
- Macintosh TV: The "unholy fusion" of a Sony television and a Mac computer had a pretty major flaw: it couldn't display television feeds in the desktop window.
- G4 Cube: While winning an award for design, the high price tag and absent monitor kept this computer off most people's buy list.
Click the link for the rest of Wired