Think being forced to make coffee won't get you anywhere in Hollywood? Well, it actually might: The Huffington Post rounds up 17 successful people who started out as interns. Read on for a sampling:
- Tom Hanks: In college, he interned for Ohio's Great Lakes Theater Festival, and eventually ended up working there for three years. Since he was getting tons of theater experience, he ended up dropping out of college.
- Oprah Winfrey: She interned at a Nashville TV station, and ended up becoming a full-time anchor-reporter there—the first black female news anchor, in fact.
- Tom Ford: The designer started out as an intern at Chloe, then became Gucci's creative director before starting his own label.
- John Krasinski: The Office star was a script intern on Late Night With Conan O'Brien.
Click for the complete list
- Spike Lee: After graduating from college, the director interned at Columbia Pictures.
- Betsey Johnson: As a teen, the designer interned at Mademoiselle magazine.
- Anderson Cooper: OK, so not all of the internships had anything to do with the stars' future jobs. Case in point: Cooper interned for the CIA when he was 19.
- Sean "Diddy" Combs: The rapper interned at New York's Uptown Records after Heavy D made some introductions.
, including another Late Night With Conan