Saviors of kids, of both the canine and human variety, along with an amazing pre-op dance party, make the list this week:
- Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby: A British man was walking his dog in a Birmingham park last week when the German shepherd suddenly ran over to the bushes and refused to return. Owner Roger Wilday walked over to find her lying down next to what looked like trash ... but as he got closer, he realized it was actually a newborn infant. The little girl was doing fine at the hospital.
- Double Mastectomy Patient Throws Dance Party in OR: An operating room might sound like an inappropriate place to bust a move to Beyonce, but that's where Deborah Cohan decided to get down, minutes before her double mastectomy Tuesday. The resulting video is priceless.
- 92-Year-Old Meets Girl He Risked His Life to Save: Two years ago—at age 90—John Shear positioned himself between a charging horse and a 5-year-old girl about to get trampled. Recently, a fully recuperated Shear finally got to meet the girl he saved.
- Teens Surprise Kid With New Bike After Theft: A gesture by a group of high school students is making headlines, in a good way. Teens at Fresno High School chipped in and bought a new bike for a 9-year-old who had his stolen. But the goodwill isn't ending there.
- Korean War Vet's Remains Go Home, 6 Decades Later: George Conklin was only 18 when he got killed fighting in the Korean War in 1950. More than six decades later, the Army corporal is finally back home for burial in upstate New York. The town of Phelps made sure he got a nice welcome.
Click for more uplifting news