52% of Young Adults Want to 'Recall' Obama
Few plan to enroll in ObamaCare: Harvard data
By Matt Cantor, Newser User
Posted Dec 4, 2013 11:49 AM CST
President Barack Obama pauses as he speaks about the new health care law Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013.   (AP Photo/ Evan Vucci)

(Newser) – A new poll has some worrying news for a president long popular with young people. Some 52% of 18- to 24-year-olds would vote to recall President Obama if that were an option, Mediaite reports. Just 41% of 18- to 29-year-olds, or millennials, approve of the job he's doing in office. And while 55% of that group voted for Obama last year, just 46% would today. The Harvard poll also paints a bleak picture for supporters of ObamaCare, Fox News notes.

Just 22% of the 18-to-29 crowd intend to enroll in ObamaCare. Among uninsured millennials, just 29% plan to get signed up. That's a real problem for a program that "depends upon" healthy young people's premiums to help pay for less healthy individuals, notes a pollster. Gawker points out another big issue raised by the poll: Millennials are extremely concerned with college debt: Some 58% have it, and 57% consider it a "major problem." For 70%, finances were an "important" factor in whether to go to college.

More From Newser
My Take on This Story
To report an error on this story,
notify our editors.
52% of Young Adults Want to 'Recall' Obama is...
7%
4%
5%
58%
1%
24%
Show results without voting
You Might Like
Comments
Showing 3 of 258 comments
wei2szu
Dec 13, 2013 4:39 AM CST
Got to love statistics...it being a Harvard poll, I'm sure that the pool of people 18-24 that were surveyed only represents about 5% of that population. In fact, the other 95% unanimously want him gone.
Liberalismiscancer
Dec 7, 2013 9:52 PM CST
Well, it looks as though this mind-numbed bunch is like everyone else when it comes to having your wallet (or purse) messed with............Liberalism is cancer
????
Dec 5, 2013 5:10 PM CST
Young adults are predominantly liberal so this is curious.