The Washington Post runs down the major lessons to be learned fro Super Duper Tuesday:
- Will either race end? The GOP candidate will almost definitely be decided; the Democratic nominee won't.
- How do we score victories? The GOP has winner-take-all primaries; the Democrats will debate delegate count, popular vote, and statewide wins.
- Which states matter? For both parties, California; for Democrats, Missouri and Arizona, too.
- Whither John Edwards voters? Barack Obama will likely win anti-war and change voters; Clinton draws lower-income voters.
- Can Obama win Latino votes? “Black-brown tensions” may hurt; Ted Kennedy’s nod helps.
- Will women remain in Clinton’s pocket?
- Can McCain sway the rank and file?
- Which Democrat can go the distance? Obama has more growth potential and deeper pockets.