Couple Hospitalized Trying to Save TV in Fire
They didn't get the television, only smoke inhalation
By John Johnson, Newser Staff
Posted Mar 5, 2014 6:43 PM CST
   (Shutterstock)

(Newser) – It can be heroic when someone braves a fire to save a loved one. It's a different word when that "loved one" is a television. A 40-something couple in St. Paul ended up hospitalized for smoke inhalation after they, yes, tried in vain to disconnect their beloved flat-screen TV as their apartment burned around them, reports the Pioneer Press. Firefighters arrived and forced them outside, reports the Star Tribune. They'll be OK, unlike the Texas man who went back into a burning building to save his phone.

More From Newser
My Take on This Story
To report an error on this story,
notify our editors.
Couple Hospitalized Trying to Save TV in Fire is...
32%
3%
6%
2%
3%
53%
Show results without voting
You Might Like
Comments
Showing 3 of 22 comments
plain_speaking
Mar 6, 2014 1:41 PM CST
As long as they had their priorities in place.... And hey, maybe they are correct in thinking the tv had more value than their lives....
loveandhope
Mar 6, 2014 11:58 AM CST
Since when is saving a television more important than your own life? SMH they are stupid and way too old for things like this. A television can be replaced but not a person's life. What are you going to do with a tv set anyway if your house burned down? Even if you sell it, it still wouldn't be enough to buy another house. Now, I would understand if they were trying to grab their life savings or something with more value, but a tv set?!?!
BinThereDunThat
Mar 6, 2014 10:10 AM CST
I'm assuming they didn't have any insurance on household furnishings. But, if they did, they were REALLY stupid. :(