Two public gestures, one by a twin on behalf of her sister and another by a widow toward the driver who killed her husband, highlight the list:
- Twin Carries Her Sister to the Finish Line: The best finish to a track meet in a while took place in Trenton, Ill., where one eighth-grader carried her injured twin sister on her back to the finish line. Chloe Gruenke "felt something pull and pop in my thigh" early in their 800-meter race and fell to the track in pain. That's when sister Claire stepped in to help her best friend and wow the spectators.
- In Court, Widow Hugs Driver Who Killed Husband: A Georgia widow confronted the woman responsible for her husband's death in a fatal car accident in court—and gave her a hug. She felt both women had suffered enough.
- Loyal Cat Saves Boy From Dog Attack: Even those who prefer dogs over cats will have to give it up for the cat on this one. In amazing video from Bakersfield, Calif., a 4-year-old boy is getting bitten and dragged by a neighbor's dog when the family cat streaks in out of nowhere and saves the day. Said video quickly went viral.
- Meteorologist Saves Cat From Tornado Rubble: The tiny kitten had no business surviving the Ohio tornado that brought down a barn around it, but WHIO meteorologist Rich Wirdzek found it mewling its little heart out in the rubble. He posted video of the rescue.
- Toddler Falls 11 Stories, Somehow Survives: Doctors in Minneapolis are calling 15-month-old Musa Dayib the "miracle baby," and for good reason: The infant fell from his family's 11th-story balcony and survived.
Click for more uplifting stories