A sleeper who does not like to be rudely awakened and misbehaving police officers make the list:
- Woman Hurls Chicken Breast, Cat Poop at Runners: You've worked a long shift and you're trying to sleep in on a Sunday. But five stories below, a bunch of runners are making a racket in the street. You are entitled to grumble and roll over. You are not entitled to get out of bed, pull a chicken breast from the freezer, and chuck it at the runners, which is precisely what police say a Seattle woman did.
- 2 Cops, Wives Get in Crazy 'Swingers' Brawl: "There was lots of drinking involved." That statement from an Aurora Police Department spokesperson basically sums up a crazy brawl involving two Denver police officers and their wives. It seems to have started over a disagreement over who would participate in a swingers' party.
- Rock Theft 101: University's $30K Gold Nugget Is Missing: Looks like the University of Arizona has lost itself one pricey rock: The school reports that a 3-inch, half-pound hunk of gold worth $30,000 has been stolen from its Mineral Museum.
- Judge Tells Lawyer, 'I'll Beat Your Ass,' Does So: A judge in Florida got testy during a hearing, and his feud with a public defender ended with a hallway scuffle. Video shows a disagreement in court between the two, with Judge John Murphy telling lawyer Andrew Weinstock, "If you want to fight, let's go out back and I'll just beat your ass." It seems he did, and deputies had to break them up.
- Boy's Big Genitals Land Him in Jail: In Russia's criminal justice system, size matters. A poor lad discovered this after he moved from Ukraine to Moscow to live with his aunt and was soon accused of stealing a cell phone. He claimed to be 13, but a court-ordered exam, which included a look at his private parts, pegged him at 16. As a result, he got tossed in jail as an adult offender.
Click to read about more crazy crimes