The Internet probably doesn’t need more false information, but some of the recent hoaxes have been so good that ComputerWorld had to recognize them. Here’s their list of best new tomfoolery:
- GoogleTV made thousands log into GMail over and over and over.
- Many thought the UFO Haiti video was proof we weren’t alone.
- Metalosis Maligna convinced people they could turn into scrap metal.
- Fake Steve Jobs’s fake lawsuit even got covered on Newser.
- The hackers behind the Czech nuclear bomb face prison for the art experiment.
- And, we are sad to report, adding baking soda will not produce glowing Mountain Dew.