A 35-year-old woman died after a botched breast procedure in which a Chinese tourist gave her a lethal dose of anesthesia, police said. Jean Huang went into cardiac arrest during the procedure on Wednesday, ABC News Australia reports, and died two days later. Jie Shao, 33, who had been in Australia for five days, administered breast fillers and the fatal dose of anesthesia, police said. She was charged with recklessly inflicting bodily harm and using poison to endanger life, and police said she may face more charges. Neither Shao nor Yuegiong Fu, who was working as nurse, had any medical qualifications in Australia, 9 News reports. Fu is also under investigation.
Huang underwent the procedure, which does not require surgery, at Medi Beauty Laser and Contour Clinic in Sydney, where she worked as a manager. Shao's lawyer told a judge that she was a graduate of a medical university in China and was a specialist in dermatology. Shao, who was denied bail, had a return plane ticket to China. Her case was continued until Tuesday. Meanwhile, the Australasian College of Cosmetic Surgery called for tighter regulations against clinics administering cosmetic fillers, Botox, and other injections. (A West Virginia mom died during a 'butt lift.')