Fed up with a focus on local ties and attractiveness in vice presidential selection coverage, Mark Halperin of Time lists the qualifications most under- and -overvalued by the media. Among other things, don't overlook:
- A candidate ready to be president from Day One.
- A candidate trusted and liked by the nominee.
- A candidate trusted and liked by the nominee's wife.
And worry less about:
- A candidate seen as able to win a particular state.
- A candidate seen as able to win over a particular group of voters.
- A strong fundraiser.
To see the complete lists of qualities the media weight incorrectly, click the link below.