Gas prices may be sinking, but the owners of luxury and high-performance vehicles wouldn't know it. Factoring in $4-plus premium gas, depreciation, insurance, fees, and sales tax, some top cars cost double over a 5-year stretch what owners first paid. Forbes wheels out the priciest (including 5-year pricetag):
- Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG (luxury sedan): $252,209
- Mercedes-Benz SL65 (sports car): $231,827
- Mercedes-Benz SL600 (convertible): $181,317
- Mercedes-Benz G55 (SUV): $159,801
- Lexus LS600 (hybrid): $143,355
To see surprises on the list—including a Dodge and a Subaru—click on the link below.