Yes, your doctor wants to know everything about you. But that doesn't mean he needs to see it, physician Edwin Leap writes on his blog. Here are a few things he'd prefer emergency-room patients leave at home:
- The snake that bit you: "Irrational? Probably. But phobias are phobias."
- Anything that comes out either end. Got it?
- Your sick pet. Hit the vet instead.
- Your wife and girlfriend/husband and boyfriend—at the same time. "Always a prescription for trouble."
- A cell phone video camera. No filming other patients.
For the full list of ER no-nos, click the link below.