Oh-eight was a banner year for politics, and half the time it was a really strange banner. Politico looks back on the weirdest moments in a topsy-turvy year.
- Mike Huckabee holds a news conference to announce he won’t run a negative ad, then plays the ad for everyone.
- Desperate for blue collar cred, Hillary Clinton awkwardly downs a whiskey shot in an Indiana bar.
- San Francisco tries to rename a sewage plant after George W. Bush.
- Barack Obama speaks in front of a faux presidential seal.
- Bloggers hunt rumors that Trig is Sarah Palin’s granddaughter.
- John McCain calls Obama “that one.”
- Palin “pardons” a turkey, then gives an interview as turkeys are slaughtered in the background.
- Bush dodges a shoe.
- Bush kisses Barbara Streisand.
- Pre-scandal, Rod Blagojevich considered naming himself to the Senate to “remake his image” for 2016 presidential run.