With a recession weighing on our minds (and wallets), Gourmet breaks down new home cooking trends for 2009:
- Drinking will, unsurprisingly, be on the rise, with a wider variety of high-end spirits for simple homemade cocktails.
- Simple ingredients like large beans will be central in a new wave of easy, comforting recipes.
- An increased interest in Indian and Korean food—delicious, and inexpensively prepared.
- Expect to see more “neutraceutical" foods on the market—food and drink infused with extra nutrients.
- Safety scares over Chinese goods will lead to an upsurge in "Made in the USA" food labeling at the grocery store.