Washington is beginning a new liberal era, and Forbes lists the 25 media lefties likely to be the most influential in the coming years. The top 5:
- Paul Krugman. The Nobel Prize-winner's "prose is as pungent as his academic credentials are impeccable."
- Arianna Huffington: The Huffington Post's founder "has an uncanny ability to marry attitude and authoritativeness."
- Fred Hiatt: The Iraq war-supporting Washington Post editorial page editor lands on the list because of his "moderate and pragmatic editorial column."
- Thomas Friedman: The Times op-ed columnist is "genuinely influential among the educated, tome-reading public and the Washington establishment."
- Jon Stewart: His "acerbic, satirical take on the news is in perfect sync with these times."
Click the link for the full list.