Now that Bernie Madoff is guilty, it’s time to talk sentencing. CNBC hosted a contest to come up with the most inventive one for the disgraced financier, and the winner is: working for the SEC, "catching people just like him." But that doesn’t mean the other finalists— which include displaying Bernie for cash to pay back investors, and trading him to Palestine in exchange for Israeli soldiers—are any less worthy. Here are some more:
- Tie him up in Baghdad wearing a Yankees shirt and a Salman Rushdie hat.
- Release him and allow the Russian mob to exact vengeance.
- Put him to work with a hardhat and a shovel on infrastructure projects, "until he drops."
- "Ten minutes alone in a room with the investors he cheated."
- "Fifteen years in same cell with chimpanzee."
For the complete list of suggestions, click the link below.