Now that Mark Sanford has admitted that an affair led him to disappear earlier this week, the Atlantic has some more questions for the South Carolina governor:
- Will he resign? The once-rising political star has already quit as chair of the Republican Governors Association.
- Will the public support him? It's not certain that the public will be upset, especially if his wife supports him.
- Can he get back to work soon? That's how President Clinton won forgiveness in his extramarital scandal.
- Did tax money pay for affair? He took a state car to the airport, so an audit may ensue.
- Will his staff quit? Sanford lied to them. If they storm off, there may be more of an outcry against him.