A horrifying video of Michael Jackson's hair going up in flames during an infamous Pepsi commercial snafu in 1984 has been released by Us magazine. Pyrotechnics that misfired ignited Jackson's hair as he danced during filming for the TV ad. Apparently unaware of what had happened the singer continues to dance on the video, flames shooting from his head, until aides and crew members leap on him and extinguish the flames.
A large reddened bald patch is obvious as the shaken Jackson is helped to his feet and off the stage. He tenderly touches his wounded head with his gloved hand. Jackson suffered second and third degree burns in the accident. Severe pain from the burns reportedly began Jackson's dependence on pain killers.