With summer vacations increasing your chances of an extended stay at an airport, Travel + Leisure offers its annual list of airports likely to leave you grounded. The good news? Airports are getting better; even this year’s “winner” improved its delays by 3%. The list:
- Newark: That 3% boost wasn't enough; it’s the only airport to delay 30% of its flights.
- Chicago O'Hare: Thanks to a new runway, it had a whopping 8% fewer delays this year, the biggest mover on the list, but at 27%, dropped only one spot.
- Miami: Improved by 5%, to 23%, but retained its spot from last year.
- Dallas, New York (tie): It’s actually a three-way draw. New York's JFK and LaGuardia saw 24% of flights delayed, though all did better than last year.
- San Francisco: Improved 3%, but only to 27%.
For more, including the 10 best airports, click the link below.