Celebs may not be known for living simply, but a new generation of eco-friendly stars is taking a stand for the planet. Grist rounds them up:
- Orlando Bloom owns a solar-powered house, drives a hybrid, and is a founder of Global Cool, which campaigns against climate change.
- Rachel McAdams keeps a blog called Green Is Sexy, gets around on a bike, and says she’s putting her house on green power.
- Adrian Grenier has a TV show, Alter Eco, about the green renovation of his house.
- Emma Watson says she “cannot not be green. ... My car is electric, I recycle, I take public transportation.”
- Hayden Panettiere, who has boated among hunter-threatened dolphins to protect them, won a PETA “Compassion in Action” award.
- Miley Cyrus traded her SUV for a hybrid, assigned chickens used in her movie to “good homes,” and has a song about global warming.