People tend to be picky about beer, so "psychographic" research firm Mindset Media conducted surveys to match brands to personality trends. Here's what researchers found, according to Ad Age:
- Budweiser: Sensible and practical drinkers, but with an anti-authoritarian streak.
- Bud Light: Unlike regular Budweiser fans, these imbibers are risk-takers, but respect authority.
- Michelob Ultra: Marked by a sense of superiority, high-self esteem—basically, a high-powered yuppie.
- Corona: Extroverted, highly sociable people people.
- Heineken: Immodest, attention-loving, and more likely than most to get the latest mobile phone or drive a sports car.
- Blue Moon: Socially liberal, prickly toward moral authority, and likely to drive hybrid cars.
- Abstainers: Uptight, inclined toward Manichean thinking, and overwhelmingly Republican.