Even supermodels are making less money these days. The Daily Beast came up with a formula to determine which are the most valuable, based on everything from runway work (weighed 10%) to cover appearances (10%) to income from contracts (40%):
- Gisele Bündchen: She no longer walks the runway, but an avalanche of endorsements, from the likes of Max Factor, Dior, and Versace, bring in an estimated $25 million.
- Kate Moss: At 35, she still snagged six covers last year...and a reported $8.5 million.
- Adriana Lima: She’s been a Victoria’s Secret Angel for nearly a decade now, no doubt helping her earn $8 million.
- Doutzen Kroes: She became a Victoria’s Secret Angel last year after doing high-profile ads for Dolce & Gabbana and Versace; she now rakes in $6 million.
- Daria Werbowy: You may not know her name, but you know her as the face of Lancôme, a gig that contributes to the $4-plus million she'll make this year.
- Alessandra Ambrosio: A longtime Victoria’s Secret model, one of her new gigs is a Brazilian campaign that used to belong to Gisele. Annual take: $6 million.
For the complete list, click the link at right.