Exploding Gum Kills Student
Ukrainian dies after dipping gum in wrong chemical
By Rob Quinn,  Newser Staff
Posted Dec 10, 2009 3:24 AM CST
Ukrainian authorities are analyzing an unidentified chemical substance found on the student's gum.   (Shutter Stock)

(Newser) – A Ukranian chemistry student accidentally blew off his jaw when he laced his chewing gum with an explosive substance, according to local authorities. He died of his injuries. The student, 25, had the habit of dipping his gum in citric acid before chewing and investigators believe he dipped it in an explosive substance by mistake, the Telegraph reports.

 

My Take on This Story
Show results without voting  |  
16%
49%
0%
4%
30%
1%