Cash-Strapped Jon Wants Kids Back on TV
TLC court battle eating up money
By Mary Papenfuss,  Newser User
Posted Feb 17, 2010 3:40 AM CST
Jon Gosselin exits the Montgomery County courthouse in Norristown, Pa., last year.   (AP Photo/Matt Rourke)
camera-icon View 1 more image

(Newser) – The has-been reality star dad who thought TV exposure was bad for his 8 kids, now wants them back on the air because he needs the cash, according to sources. Jon Gosselin must first settle ongoing lawsuits with the TLC network. "We are hopeful that there will be a settlement," his attorney said. "It's hard to tell right now if the show will be back on air. Hopefully, in the next few weeks, we'll have a better sense of the resolution of this."

Gosslein obtained a cease-and-desist order stopping TLC from filming his family for the once-popular reality program Jon & Kate Plus 8, and quickly embroiled in a court battle with the network. "Jon does not have money for the intense lawyer fees and ensuing battle with the media giant," said a source. Kate approached him about reconsidering his opposition to filming, reports ABC News. "She's willing to negotiate with him so that everyone gets what they want," the source added.
 

My Take on This Story
Show results without voting  |  
77%
7%
0%
14%
0%
1%