Still looking for ways to cut costs in these tough economic times? Let these actual rich people, as overheard by Nell Scovell, guide you. She recounts their advice in Vanity Fair:
- “With diesel at the marina up over $3 a gallon, we’re trying to keep the Hinckley’s motor off and let the sails do more of the work.”
- “We got rid of the dog-walker; I like to run with the pinschers on the beach for exercise, anyway.”
- “Thank God my daughter thinks Rodarte for Target counts as a label.”
- “No SAT tutors for our younger two; our eldest had Stanley Kaplan up the wazoo and all he got into was Reed.”
- “At the library up by our country house, they let you borrow DVDs instead of buy them!”
- “Why did I even have that Admirals Club membership in the first place? I never fly commercial.”
for more financial gems.