Give your kids a head start in the real world with these tips from Zen Habits:
- Let them control a small portion of your budget, like $50 a month for eating out.
- Show them how to save for large purchases.
- Teach them to reduce expenses to reach goals faster.
- Teach them about investing with long-term goals.
- Work out a simple budget with them.
- Let them take responsibility for some expenses, including paying bills.
- Discuss the dangers of debt.
- Show how earning money can help reach goals faster.
- Discuss advertising and consumerism.
- Warn them about impulse buying.