Thanks to Angelina Jolie’s tendency to live her life in the public eye, Andrew Morton’s unauthorized biography of the actress probably won’t shock you. But there are enough new details to keep you reading, and the Daily Beast lists the top 12:
- She was almost named Shiloh: That was dad Jon Voight’s choice, and when she named her own daughter that years later, it signified a thaw in their famously frosty relationship.
- Her mom pushed her career…from infanthood: Marcheline Bertrand chose the middle names “Jolie” for her daughter and “Haven” for her son because she assumed they would drop their last name when they went into showbiz. She also went behind Angie’s back to call agents and inform them her daughter was the offspring of Jon Voight.
- She had a live-in boyfriend…: …at age 14.
- She had dramatic thoughts of suicide: One of her ideas was to take a hit out on herself. Fortunately, she took drum lessons instead—and “I sincerely believe the drums helped save her life,” says her former teacher.
- She broke Mick Jagger’s heart: After Angelina danced in a Rolling Stones video, the married (with a fourth child on the way) Jagger left her numerous phone messages (because her ever-engineering mother had given Jagger Jolie’s number).
For the complete list, click here
. To see some of the other celebs Morton claims Angie hooked up with, click here
. (Read more Angelina Jolie