Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Kim Jong Nam
Stories 1 - 20 |
US Destroys Stock of Deadliest
Chemical Agent It Ever Made
Apr 20, 2022 1:13 PM CDT
US Destroys Stock of Deadliest Chemical Agent It Ever Made
America's stockpile of VX agent is no more
- The last stockpiles of a deadly chemical agent in the US have been safely eliminated, according to Kentucky officials in charge of destroying the Cold War-era weapons. The final M55 rocket containing VX nerve agent was destroyed Tuesday at the Blue Grass Chemical Agent plant, the AP reports. Officials at...
Report: Kim Jong Un's
Half-Brother Was CIA Asset
Jun 11, 2019 1:38 AM CDT
Report: Kim Jong Un's Half-Brother Was CIA Asset
He met his handler before he was killed, sources say
- The exiled half-brother of Kim Jong Un was a CIA informant who was killed after meeting his agency contact in Malaysia, sources tell the
Wall Street Journal
. One source says there was a "nexus" between the CIA and Kim Jong Nam, who died after a banned chemical weapon was...
Kim Jong Nam's Murder
Nowhere Near Being Solved
May 3, 2019 9:14 AM CDT
Kim Jong Nam's Murder Nowhere Near Being Solved
Doan Thi Huong released from Malaysian prison on Friday
- Two years after Kim Jong Un's half-brother was murdered, the case seems to be dead as well. Doan Thi Huong, one of two women arrested in the aftermath of Kim Jong Nam's death, is heading home. The Vietnamese woman pleaded guilty last month to a lesser charge of...
in Murder of
Kim Jong Nam
Apr 1, 2019 2:22 AM CDT
2nd Suspect Pleads Guilty in Murder of Kim Jong Nam
Doan Thi Huong could be free in weeks
- A Vietnamese woman who is the only suspect in custody for the killing of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un's brother pleaded guilty to a lesser charge in a Malaysian court on Monday and her lawyer said she could be freed as early as next month. Doan Thi Huong...
Kim Jong Nam
Murder Suspect Freed
Mar 11, 2019 1:05 AM CDT
Kim Jong Nam Murder Suspect Freed
Prosecutors unexpectedly drop charges
- An Indonesian woman held for two years on suspicion of killing North Korean leader Kim Jong Un's half brother was freed from custody Monday after prosecutors unexpectedly dropped the murder charge against her. Siti Aisyah cried and hugged her Vietnamese co-defendant, Doan Thi Huong, before leaving the courtroom, the...
'Well-Planned Conspiracy' or
Trick in Kim Jong Nam Death?
Aug 16, 2018 6:31 AM CDT
'Well-Planned Conspiracy' or Trick in Kim Jong Nam Death?
Judge greenlights murder trial for 2 women accused of killing Kim Jong Un's half brother
- They've been called trained assassins , but one of the two women accused of murdering Kim Jong Un's half brother in Malaysia has a different excuse for his death last year : "This whole thing is a setup, I was tricked." Per the
, that's what Indonesian...
Kim Jong Nam Killers
Are Trained Assassins
Jun 28, 2018 5:19 AM CDT
Prosecutor: Alleged Kim Jong Nam Killers Are Trained Assassins
'This type of assassination can only be seen in James Bond movies'
- Two Southeast Asian women on trial for killing the estranged half brother of North Korea's leader are trained assassins who used "criminal force" to rub the toxic VX nerve agent on Kim Jong Nam's eyes and face, prosecutors said in their closing arguments, the AP reports Thursday....
US: North Korea Used Chemical
Agent to Kill Kim's Half Brother
Mar 7, 2018 12:33 AM CST
US: North Korea Used Chemical Agent to Kill Kim's Half Brother
Additional sanctions have been imposed against Pyongyang
- The US has imposed additional sanctions on North Korea after determining the country used chemical weapons to assassinate Kim Jong Un's estranged half brother in Malaysia last year, Reuters reports. Kim Jong Nam died after two women smeared his face with the banned nerve agent VX in the Kuala...
Kim Jong Nam
Nerve Agent Antidote
Dec 1, 2017 2:21 AM CST
Kim Jong Nam Was Carrying Nerve Agent Antidote
Court told it was in backpack when he was attacked
- Kim Jong Nam had more than just $100,000 in his backpack when he was assassinated, a Malaysian court heard this week: He had something that could have saved his life. At the trial of alleged killers Siti Aisyah of Indonesia and Doan Thi Huong of Vietnam, a government toxicologist...
Trump to Declare North Korea
a State Sponsor of Terrorism
Nov 20, 2017 11:20 AM CST
Trump to Declare North Korea a State Sponsor of Terrorism
White House cites killing of Kim Jong Un's half brother as one example
- President Trump said Monday that he intends to declare North Korea a state sponsor of terror. Trump called the move a long overdue step and part of the US "maximum pressure campaign" against Pyongyang, per the AP . North Korea was last on the US list of state sponsors of...
Video Shows N. Korean Reps
Meeting With Murder Suspects
Nov 6, 2017 6:55 AM CST
Video Shows N. Korean Reps Meeting With Murder Suspects
Embassy and airline reps seen with male suspects shortly after Kim Jong Nam's death
- Video shown in a Malaysian courtroom Monday makes perhaps the strongest connection yet between North Korea and the assassination of Kim Jong Un's half-brother. The video shows four still at-large male suspects meeting with a North Korean embassy official and a representative from North Korea's state airline shortly...
Kim Jong Nam Had Something
Precious in His Backpack
Oct 11, 2017 9:14 AM CDT
Kim Jong Nam Had Something Precious in His Backpack
$100K now held in police safe
- Kim Jong Nam's accused killers were apparently unaware that the half brother of North Korea’s leader was carrying $100,000 in cash in his backpack when he was fatally attacked at Kuala Lumpur’s airport on Feb. 13, per Reuters . But Siti Aisyah of Indonesia and Doan Thi...
Kim Jong Nam Murder Trial
Views Deadly Evidence in Lab
Oct 9, 2017 12:19 AM CDT
Kim Jong Nam Murder Trial Views Deadly Evidence in Lab
Nerve agent found on women's clothes could still be active
- The Malaysian court holding the trial of two women accused of killing the estranged half brother of North Korea's leader moved temporarily Monday to a high-security laboratory to view evidence contaminated with VX nerve agent. Judges often visit crime scenes in Malaysia, and in this case the move was...
Chemist: VX Traces Present
on Kim Murder Suspects
Oct 5, 2017 5:33 AM CDT
Chemist: VX Traces Present on Kim Murder Suspects
Testimony is first evidence linking nerve agent to Siti Aisyah, Doan Thi Huong
- A government chemist testified Thursday he found traces of the banned VX nerve agent on two women being tried in Malaysia on charges of murdering the estranged half brother of North Korea's leader. The testimony was the first evidence linking VX to Indonesian Siti Aisyah and Doan Thi Huong...
Accused Kim Jong Nam Killers
Go on Trial in Malaysia
Oct 2, 2017 2:44 AM CDT
Accused Kim Jong Nam Killers Go on Trial in Malaysia
They say they thought they were playing a prank
- Two women accused of fatally poisoning the estranged half brother of North Korea's ruler pleaded not guilty as their trial began Monday in Malaysia's High Court, nearly eight months after the brazen airport assassination that sparked a diplomatic standoff. Siti Aisyah of Indonesia and Doan Thi Huong of...
Date Set for
Kim Jong Nam
Jul 28, 2017 9:30 AM CDT
Date Set for Kim Jong Nam Murder Trial
Suspect's lawyer says 'there was no guilty intention'
- A chemist's report that shows the banned VX nerve agent was used to kill the half brother of North Korea's leader needs further scrutiny, a lawyer for one of the two women accused of poisoning the man said Friday, per the AP . High Court Judge Azmi Ariffin set...
Mar 30, 2017 9:01 AM CDT
Kim's Body Released to North Korea
As 9 Malaysians depart Pyongyang
- A diplomatic dispute between Malaysia and North Korea appears to have come to an end with the release of Kim Jong Nam's body. The body of the half-brother of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un— officially identified earlier this month—left Malaysia on a plane bound for Pyongyang via...
Mar 15, 2017 7:19 AM CDT
Kim's Identity Confirmed With Child's DNA
As Malaysia, N. Korea begin formal talks
- Malaysian police were able to confirm the identity of Kim Jong Nam, who was killed last month at Kuala Lumpur's airport, using a DNA sample from one of his children, Deputy Prime Minister Ahmad Zahid Hamidi said Wednesday, per the AP . Zahid also said negotiations began Monday to resolve...
Kim Jong Nam's
Mar 8, 2017 8:21 AM CST
Kim Jong Nam's Son Reportedly Found—on YouTube
Group says Kim's family has been relocated to safety
- Considering North Korea's alleged involvement in the assassination of Kim Jong Nam, North Korea's rightful leader in the eyes of some, his son would have good reason to go into hiding. That's precisely what he's done, according to Cheollima Civil Defense . In a statement Wednesday, the...
to 'Abhorrent' N. Korea Move
Mar 7, 2017 12:33 AM CST
Malaysia Responds to 'Abhorrent' N. Korea Move
Countries ban each other's citizens from leaving
- North Korea said Tuesday it was banning Malaysians from leaving the country as its bitter diplomatic battle with Malaysia escalated dramatically over the poisoning death of Kim Jong Nam , the North Korean leader's estranged half brother. Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said the travel ban was tantamount to hostage-taking...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Husband, Mom of Woman Killed on Wedding Night in Ugly Legal Fight
Kelsey Grammer Interview Abruptly Ends After Trump Question
Hollywood Is Going After Lauren Boebert
Texas Woman Whose Baby Won't Survive Goes to Court
A 65-Year-Old Christmas Classic Finally Hits No. 1
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.