Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Meet the 'Cyborg' Who
Feels Every Earthquake
Nov 1, 2015 7:49 AM CST
Meet the 'Cyborg' Who Feels Every Earthquake
Moon Ribas argues 'sensory extensions' are the way of the future
- Choreographer Moon Ribas describes herself as having two heartbeats: "my own heartbeat and the Earth's." She's not exactly speaking metaphorically. Thanks to a small chip grafted into her elbow, Ribas feels vibrations based on seismic readings from around the world. During her performances, dubbed
Here Come the
Sep 27, 2012 5:41 PM CDT
Here Come the Cockroach Cyborgs ...
Scientists attach electrodes to control insects' movements
- It's not exactly a T-1000, but it is a cyborg—the melding of machine and ... cockroach. Scientists have created lightweight circuits that can be connected to cockroaches and allow the cockroach to be steered wirelessly, reports Raw Story . Electrodes attached to the cockroach's antenna can make it think...
'Cyborg' Chucked Out of
Jul 18, 2012 1:28 AM CDT
'Cyborg' Chucked Out of Paris McDonald's
Workers objected to Canadian professor's digital glasses
- The Canadian known as the "father of wearable computing" found that cyborgs are not welcome at a McDonald's in Paris. Steve Mann, a university professor who has spent more than 30 years wearing the "EyeTap Digital Glass" computer vision glasses he invented, says workers tried to rip...
Popular on Newser
Report: Plane Crashed Into the Earth Intentionally
After Girl, 7, Mauled to Death by Dog, 4 Family Members Charged
Tucker Carlson Addresses Alleged Gunman's Screed
Viral Post About $27 Airport Beer Spurs Big Changes
Man Buys Old Virginia Home, Makes 'Heart-Wrenching' Find
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.