Couple Die Having Sex in Car

They left engine running inside garage

By Rob Quinn,  Newser Staff

Posted Feb 3, 2014 1:35 AM CST | Updated Feb 3, 2014 2:33 AM CST

(Newser) – A Pennsylvania couple apparently overcome by passion made the fatal mistake of leaving the engine running after they pulled into a Williamsport garage and had sex in their car, police say. The bodies of the partially clad couple, both 40 years old, were found inside the vehicle, which had run out of gas but had the ignition switch still on, reports the Patriot-News. A kerosene heater was also on and there were very high levels of carbon monoxide in the garage. Marijuana and drug paraphernalia were also found in the car and it appears Keith Payton and Salina Johnson may have been using drugs at the time, the coroner tells WNEP. They were pronounced dead Friday night, but likely died earlier; police say Payton was supposed to drop something off at the garage for his brother on Thursday.

They weren't the only couple to die at the hands of carbon monoxide in recent days. The AP reports that a Utah couple died while cleaning carpets on Saturday. Maria Lopez-Landaverde, 37, and Joselito Solorzano, 43, ran a carpet cleaning business, and left their van running in a shut garage while tending to a West Jordan home. Police cited a lack of ventilation in the home.

The couple appear to have left the engine running while they had sex, the coroner says.
The couple appear to have left the engine running while they had sex, the coroner says.   (Shutterstock)
« Prev« Prev | Next »Next » Slideshow
My TakeCLICK BELOW TO VOTE
20%
2%
52%
2%
7%
17%
To report an error on this story, notify our editors.

NEWS FROM OUR PARTNERS
Other Sites We Like:   The Street   |   MSN Living   |   PopSugar Tech   |   RealClear   |   24/7 Wall St.   |   Biography   |   Barstool Sports   |   OK!