Barack Obama would be wise to put Hillary Clinton on his ticket, write John F. Martin and Jonathan Harris in Politico. Here's why:
- Obama has no choice. He needs Clinton’s Catholic and blue-collar supporters, and he’ll be pressured to include her for the party’s sake.
- He may dislike Clinton, but that’s irrelevant. Picking her will show he really can overcome divisions and be a true uniter.
- Obama would do well to have the Clintons nearby rather than out on Capitol Hill or abroad pushing their own agendas.
- “Obama-Clinton would on day one have an operation that would surpass what Bush-Cheney assembled in 2004.”
- He could rest assured she won’t embarrass him during the fall debates by straying off message. Besides that, she’d make a fine VP.