To the unconverted, Twitter seems about as useful as a Snuggie, writes Patrick Gavin in Politico, but some DC movers and shakers are making the microblogging site work for them. Here’s his top 10:
- Karl Rove: More than 11,000 have signed up for quick glimpses into Bush’s Brain.
- Claire McCaskill: Personal, off the cuff, and open, she’s Congress’s best tweeter.
- David Gregory: Questions pols and interacts with fans.
- Barack Obama: Hasn’t tweeted since the election but still has the most subscribers (280,000)
- Newt Gingrich: Sometimes rants, sometimes posts things like “Great lunch at mcdonalds-quarter pounder with cheese.”
- Ana Marie Cox: Tweets constantly and boasts 54,000 fans.
- Chuck Grassley: In one fan’s words, the Senator “sounds just like the elderly pig farmer he is.”
- Joe Trippi: Democratic operative fosters dialogue by responding to comments.
- Patrick Ruffini: Bush’s web guru dispatches sharp, blunt tweets.
- Al Gore: Rarely tweets, but has 118,000 followers.