A third of Americans think 9/11 was an inside job, perpetrated—or at least OKed—by the US government. “That means that one of the Jonas Brothers believes that the US government blew up the World Trade Center towers,” writes Matthew Diffee for the New Yorker. To subscribe to such a belief, he says, you’d have to believe that the government shot down a Boeing 757 full of innocent citizen, along with these five equally crazy notions:
- That the collapse of the buildings most closely resembled footage of planned demolitions than “footage from all those other times when buildings were hit by jumbo jets.”
- Everything that went wrong from January 20, 2001 to January 20, 2009 was masterminded by George Bush.
- It takes a talented pilot to "crash an airplane good.”
- If you don’t think the government is “secret, evil, and greedy,” then you are, in fact, "secret, evil, and greedy."
- "Boy, I sure wish my life were more like the movies."