Randy and Evi Quaid certainly aren’t the first celebrities to prove themselves awful hotel guests. In perhaps the understatement of the year, Concierge.com editor Peter Frank tells ABC, “Some of these celebrities do not know how to behave in a civilized manner.” Some of the worst offenders:
- Amy Winehouse: Leaves quite a mess in her wake; once turned an entire tub black with hair dye.
- Mariah Carey: Makes crazy diva demands like “I want you to change all the faucets to solid gold,” Frank says.
- Nicole Kidman: Once sent a hotel a diagram showing how her bed should be made up.
- Russell Crowe: Threw a malfunctioning phone into a concierge’s face.
- David Carradine: Just the latest of many celebrities to turn up dead in a hotel room. Celebs “drink and do drugs and have their strange sexual peccadillos in hotels, because where else are they going to do it?” Frank says.
- Courtney Love: Trashed her room so thoroughly a witness said it looked “like a wild animal had been let loose in there.”