Who needs Batman when you can have Bat Boy? The iconic Weekly World News creation is expected to arrive at a TV near you now that the tabloid has signed with CAA, according to the Hollywood Reporter. "You're seeing an embrace of the fringe," says WWN’s CEO. "Zombies were big two years ago. Vampires are the rage this year. And we think 2010 will be Bat Boy's year." More fun WWN characters that could hit the big-time:
- Ed Anger: A neo-conservative columnist the CEO calls “the original blueprint for Bill O’Reilly or Rush Limbaugh.”
- UFO Alien: Not only is he an alien, he’s also a political pundit who has correctly predicted every US presidential race since Reagan.
- Lake Erie Monster: Also known as “Lemmie,” she auditioned last year for a role on Saturday Night Live.
- Scooter: The world’s richest hamster—enough said.
- Ph.D. Ape: Well, this one is obviously self-explanatory.
- Man-agator: Just what it sounds like: half man, half alligator.
- Tonya: The world’s fattest cat.