Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Cosby's Lawyers Angry as
Accuser Tweaks Her Story
May 18, 2022 10:40 AM CDT
Cosby's Lawyers Angry as Accuser Tweaks Her Story
Civil sex assault trial is scheduled to begin Monday
- With jury selection less than a week away, attorneys scrambled to deal with shifting evidence Tuesday in Bill Cosby's civil trial over allegations that he sexually assaulted a teenage girl at the Playboy mansion nearly 50 years ago. Plaintiff Judy Huth said in a recent court filing that she...
Hefner's Genius: Realizing
America Was Ready for Him
Sep 28, 2017 6:46 AM CDT
Hefner's Genius: Realizing America Was Ready for Him
He was the first publisher to truly capitalize on changing social norms
- A sampling of the coverage and tributes to Hugh Hefner in the wake of the death of the 91-year-old founder of
"Hefner the man and Playboy the brand were inseparable. Both advertised themselves as emblems of the sexual revolution, an escape from American priggishness and wider
Mythic Playboy Mansion
Is Hefner's No More
Aug 17, 2016 6:03 AM CDT
Mythic Playboy Mansion Is Hefner's No More
Sale of the ultimate man cave has closed for $100M
- The party’s over: The sale of one of the most famous mansions in America—the five-acre Playboy Mansion in Los Angeles' Holmby Hills—has closed for a not-insubstantial $100 million, Reuters reports, though it's worth noting that the sale price is half of the original asking price. The...
Buys Playboy Mansion
Jun 7, 2016 2:32 AM CDT
Billionaire Heir Buys Playboy Mansion
Hugh Hefner is staying put
- The Playboy mansion—complete with Hugh Hefner—has been snapped up by a party-loving neighbor. Daren Metropoulos, a 32-year-old billionaire heir who lives in an $18 million mansion next door to Hefner's longtime abode, is believed to be paying around $200 million for the 29-room mansion, the
Suit: Hugh Hefner
May 17, 2016 11:01 AM CDT
Suit: Hugh Hefner 'Complicit' in Cosby Assault
He introduced Cosby to sex assault victim: suit
- A woman who accuses Bill Cosby of sexual assault now says Hugh Hefner was "complicit" in the act. In a lawsuit, Chloe Goins says Hefner introduced her to Cosby during a party at the Playboy Mansion in 2008. Goins says Cosby drugged her, then led her to a room...
All of Playboy
May Soon Be
Mar 25, 2016 7:56 AM CDT
All of Playboy May Soon Be for Sale
'Eyebrow-raising' company's expected asking price: $500M
- The Easter Bunny gets top billing this weekend, but other famous bunnies are also making headlines with news of a possible big transaction. The
Wall Street Journal
reports Playboy Enterprises Inc. is in the exploratory stages of a sale, per sources familiar with the situation, with investment bank Moelis &...
For Sale: Playboy Mansion?
Jan 10, 2016 1:07 PM CST
For Sale: Playboy Mansion?
Comes with your very own wrinkly, pajama-clad octogenarian
- In the market for a Los Angeles mansion that's likely been the scene of more debauchery than any one residence ever should? Have we got the place for you: None other than the Playboy Mansion is going on sale at the end of the month, reports TMZ , and it'...
Shel Silverstein Was
Hugh Hefner's Sidekick
Oct 22, 2015 8:31 AM CDT
Shel Silverstein Was Hugh Hefner's Sidekick
His first real job? 'Playboy' magazine cartoonist
- Shel Silverstein was kicked out of one college and dropped out of another, and he described those days gloomily: "I didn't get laid much. I didn't learn much. Those are the two worst things that can happen to a guy." His trouble with the ladies didn'...
Jul 23, 2015 5:44 AM CDT
Cosby May Soon Face Grilling by Gloria Allred
He may give new deposition after Calif. Supreme Court allows civil suit to proceed
- A civil suit against Bill Cosby is now all systems go after California's Supreme Court rejected the comedian's request to review the case, NBC News reports. What this means in the short term: the lawyer for the woman who's suing Cosby for allegedly sexually assaulting her in...
Hef Was Abusive
Jun 24, 2015 2:48 PM CDT
Holly Madison: Hef Was Abusive
Former Playboy Bunny bashes her once-lover in new book
- Holly Madison insists that she doesn't like talking about living at the Playboy mansion and dating Hugh Hefner, but believes "it's important to tell the truth of my story." The 35-year-old former Playboy Bunny writes about life before, during, and after the mansion in her new...
Me When I
Dec 2, 2014 7:00 PM CST
Woman's Lawsuit: Cosby Molested Me When I Was 15
Judy Huth claims actor-comedian assaulted her at Playboy Mansion
- More bad news for Bill Cosby: A 55-year-old woman is suing him for allegedly molesting her in a bedroom at the Playboy Mansion when she was just 15 years old, TMZ reports. The lawsuit, filed in LA County Superior Court, says Judy Huth and a friend met Cosby at an...
20 Stars With
May 4, 2013 4:03 PM CDT
20 Stars With Crazy Expensive Homes
You probably can't afford any of these
- No self-respecting Hollywood star or tech mogul is going to live in a shack—but what are the
expensive celebrity homes? Radar lists 20:
's Los Angeles home, the former Spelling Mansion: $85 million
' Florida estate: $60 million
' Washington state "Xanadu,"
Inside Hugh Hefner's Prenup
Jan 3, 2013 10:35 AM CST
Inside Hugh Hefner's Prenup
You thought he'd marry 26-year-old Crystal Harris without one?
- If you had some romantic notion that Hugh Hefner, 86, and Crystal Harris, 26, are so in love that they tied the knot sans prenup, think again. They signed one three weeks ago, a source tells Radar . The agreement protects Hef's assets from
, and requires Harris to leave...
Hefner Marries 26-Year-Old
Jan 1, 2013 8:42 AM CST
Hefner Marries 26-Year-Old
He makes it official with Crystal Harris
- Hugh Hefner is now a groom three times over. The 86-year-old tied the knot with Crystal Harris at the Playboy Mansion yesterday. Harris, you'll recall , is not just 60 years younger than Hef; she's also the one who jilted him 18 months ago. TMZ reports that last night'...
Jun 14, 2011 2:27 PM CDT
Hugh Hefner's Wedding Canceled
Crystal Harris calls it off just days ahead of time
- After much fanfare—including 300 Swarovski crystal-adorned wedding invitations—Hugh Hefner and playmate Crystal Harris won’t be getting married after all,
reports. The Playboy Mansion wedding was set for Saturday , but Harris canceled it today. “The split was a mutual decision and the two remain good friends,...
'Pontiac Fever' Crashed
Playboy Mansion Party
Feb 14, 2011 5:09 PM CST
'Pontiac Fever' Crashed Playboy Mansion Party
Fog machine spread bacterium, attendees suspect
- The culprit behind the dozens of people sickened after a party at Playboy Mansion? Officials think it's Pontiac Fever, a milder form of Legionnaires' disease that's known as legionellosis. The bacterium that causes legionellosis lives inside warm water and can take root in ventilation systems; some suspect that a fog...
LA Investigates Mysterious
Playboy Mansion Illness
Feb 13, 2011 7:53 AM CST
LA Investigates Mysterious Playboy Mansion Illness
It's not what you're thinking
- Must've been something in the air, but dozens of people at a Playboy Mansion fundraiser earlier this month contracted a really ... nasty ... respiratory infection, and LA County public health officials are now investigating, reports the
Officials are surveying all 700 attendees of a conference called Domainfest global after...
Hugh Hefner: My Mansion's
No Squalid Prison
Jan 4, 2011 10:48 AM CST
Hugh Hefner: My Mansion's No Squalid Prison
But, uh, that thing about not wearing condoms...
- Hugh Hefner would like you to know that he does
hand out Quaaludes, let his dog poop all over the carpets of the Playboy mansion, or refuse to wear condoms. Er, well, actually, that part about not wearing condoms might be true. But most of the dirt dished by...
a 'Squalid' Prison
Dec 30, 2010 6:19 AM CST
Playboy Mansion a 'Squalid' Prison
Dog doo, stained mattresses, pocket money and a 'dead fish Sex God'
- Is there anything more cringe-worthy than a 24-year-old babe sleeping with 84-year-old Hugh Hefner? Maybe: Living in Hef's "squalid" Playboy mansion and being part of his stable of second-string women who feel like prostitutes servicing a viagra-popping, plastic-surgery-obsessed octogenarian, reports the
. The buxom crew's bedrooms have "...
'Happiest Christmas in
Memory:' Hefner's Engaged
Dec 26, 2010 8:07 AM CST
'Happiest Christmas in Memory:' Hefner's Engaged
Old man pops the question to 24-year-old
- It's the Christmas Eve every little girl dreams of: A guy roughly 680 times your age who rarely changes out of his pajamas gets down on one knee (if he's able) and pops the question. Hugh Hefner is hoping the third marriage is the charm, having proposed to 24-year-old girlfriend...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
5 Murders Since July May Be Work of Serial Killer
High School Football Team Cancels Entire Season After 'Slave Auction'
Susan Collins: 'I Wouldn't Be Surprised' if a Lawmaker Is Killed
It Was Worse Than the Titanic. You Likely Haven't Heard of It
Pro-Russia Parties Trounced
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.