Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Pew Internet & American Life Project
Blogging Is on the Decline:
Victim of Facebook?
Dec 16, 2010 4:58 PM CST
Blogging Is on the Decline: Victim of Facebook?
There's been a steep drop among teens
- Millennials engage in the widest variety of online activities, but older users have some niches of their own, a new Pew Internet study says. Millennials, loosely defined as people aged 18 to 33, are more likely to use social networking, online classifieds, instant messaging, music sites, and "virtual worlds"...
Google Will Actually Make
Feb 19, 2010 2:38 PM CST
Google Will Actually Make Us
65% of 'Internet experts' say search will improve reading and writing
- Though Nicholas Carr may have famously concluded that Google will make us stupid , most Internet experts think he's totally wrong: the easy access to information provided by search engines will actually make us smarter. In a Pew Survey of technology leaders from the academic, government, and corporate sectors, 65% agreed...
Oct 20, 2008 3:53 AM CDT
Technology 'Keeps Families Connected'
Web, cell phones improve communication, survey discovers
- Technology is bringing American families together in new ways rather than driving them apart, concludes a new study. Family members rely on cell phone calls, text messages, and emails to stay in touch several times a day, and watch YouTube videos together, using computers as a "virtual hearth,"...
Popular on Newser
Cyclist Charged After Teen Girls' Prank Goes Awry
Surfing Legend Dies in 'One-Punch' Assault
Chess Champ Finally Unloads Cheating Allegations
Hurricane Ian's Approach 'Near Worst-Case' for Tampa
Putin Grants Russian Citizenship to Snowden
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.