Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Schedule I narcotic
Popular Herbal Supplement
Will Be Classified Like LSD
Sep 4, 2016 2:52 PM CDT
Popular Herbal Supplement Will Be Classified Like LSD
DEA is putting kratom on the list of Schedule 1 drugs
- Heroin, marijuana, LSD, and ... kratom? The latter is a plant native to southeast Asia, and it's about to join the others on the most restrictive drug classification list in the US. The DEA said this week that kratom—specifically its active ingredients, mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine—will become a Schedule...
Why Is Washington
Afraid of Weed?
Jul 13, 2011 12:59 PM CDT
Why Is Washington Afraid of Weed?
Marijuana needs to be listed as a Schedule II drug, the LA Times argues
- Last week, the DEA once again labeled marijuana as a Schedule I drug, which makes the
to wonder in an editorial: “What makes marijuana more frightening to the federal government than cocaine or morphine?” Those drugs are considered Schedule II, meaning they have some medical value, whereas...
Feds Slam Door
on Medical Marijuana
Jul 10, 2011 8:48 AM CDT
Feds Slam Door on Medical Marijuana
Advocates will appeal decision that keeps pot a schedule 1 narcotic
- Medical marijuana may be gaining acceptance at the state level around the US, but the DEA remains as anti-pot as ever, ruling that the wacky tobacky has no medical use and is as dangerous as heroin, reports the
. Marijuana advocates had asked the feds to reclassify the narcotic...
AMA Mellows on
Nov 11, 2009 9:12 AM CST
AMA Mellows on Medical Marijuana
Doctors group nudges Feds toward reclassification, research
- The American Medical Association has finally softened on marijuana, urging the government to give it a new classification that would open the door to serious research on its medical merits. Now a Schedule I drug, with no accepted medical uses, under the AMA proposal it would become a Schedule II...
Popular on Newser
YouTube Bars Dan Bongino Permanently
In Quest for Selfie, Hiker Instead Meets a Tragic Fate
Not Impressed With Russian War Games: Irish Fishermen
Offer From Germany Leaves Mayor in Ukraine 'Speechless'
Judge Disagrees With Rioter About Who the Patriots Were
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.