Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Oct 26, 2016 1:15 PM CDT
Gary Johnson Continues Slide in Polls
Libertarian candidate's numbers started plunging after he didn't make debates
- Gary Johnson has been making a valiant go of it, but the Libertarian Party's candidate for president is starting to see his numbers slip away at the polls—or, as the
puts it, "Gary Johnson is no longer a thing." Politico reports that about half...
Simple Q About
Kim Jong Un
Oct 6, 2016 1:58 PM CDT
How Johnson Answered a Simple Q About Kim Jong Un
- Gary Johnson's had his "Aleppo moment." He's had his "forgetting world leaders" moment. And now the Libertarian candidate for president has completed the foot-in-mouth trifecta with his "Are you seriously asking me for the name of North Korea's leader?" moment.
Donald Trump Says
the Debate Was 'Rigged'
Sep 30, 2016 5:14 AM CDT
Donald Trump Says the Debate Was 'Rigged'
He's now targeting Bill Clinton's infidelity
- Donald Trump appears to have changed his tune about Monday night's debate: He's still saying that he won , but he's now also saying that Lester Holt's moderating was biased against him, the
reports. "I had to put up with the anchor and fight the...
for First Time,
Sep 29, 2016 12:09 PM CDT
Ditches GOP for First Time, Backs Johnson
'An endorsement based on conscience is never wasted'
- Gary Johnson had another "Aleppo moment" Wednesday when he had a brain freeze trying to remember the name of a world leader he admired. But that didn't stop the
on Thursday from offering its endorsement of the Libertarian candidate, breaking its GOP endorsement tradition for the...
Gary Johnson Has
Another 'Aleppo Moment'
Sep 29, 2016 6:01 AM CDT
Gary Johnson Has Another 'Aleppo Moment'
He needed help naming favorite world leader
- Gary Johnson had what he called another " Aleppo moment " Wednesday night when he was flummoxed by the question, "Who's your favorite foreign leader?" The Libertarian presidential candidate, speaking at a televised town hall event at the University of New Hampshire, didn't have a ready answer...
Gary Johnson: Don't Forget
About Me, Frustrated Voters
Sep 28, 2016 11:12 AM CDT
Gary Johnson: Don't Forget About Me, Frustrated Voters
Libertarian candidate makes a plea in the 'New York Times'
- If, like Gary Johnson, you find yourself in a state of perpetual disgust over this year's presidential campaign, he has a suggestion: Vote for Gary Johnson. In an op-ed in the
New York Times
, the Libertarian candidate makes the case that America itself isn't out of whack, only...
Jill Stein Was
Sep 27, 2016 12:33 AM CDT
Jill Stein Was Escorted Off Debate Premises
Green Party candidate ended up live-tweeting debate
- Green Party candidate Jill Stein was removed from the Hofstra University campus for the second election in a row on Monday. Stein—who was arrested before a presidential debate in 2012 —was met by police and campus security after she boarded a media bus to the university ahead of...
Jill Stein to
Sep 24, 2016 9:40 AM CDT
Jill Stein to Protest Outside 1st Presidential Debate
Neither she nor Gary Johnson were invited to participate
- If the man won't let Jill Stein participate in Monday's presidential debate, then Jill Stein will just hold her own debate. Politico reports the Green Party candidate will hold a "Let Jill Debate" protest outside the first showdown between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton at Hofstra University...
Gary Johnson: Fighting
Climate Change Is Futile
Sep 23, 2016 3:33 PM CDT
Gary Johnson: Fighting Climate Change Is Futile
In old speech, he says sun is going to destroy Earth anyway
- Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson draws a lot of his support from millennials, and
has dug up a clip from 2011 it thinks might give them pause. In an appearance at the National Press Club lunch that year, Johnson explained his "long-term view" of what's going to...
Sep 16, 2016 2:42 PM CDT
Johnson, Stein Don't Make Debate Cutoff
Only Clinton, Trump have been invited to participate in first debate
- Neither Libertarian Party presidential candidate Gary Johnson nor Green Party candidate Jill Stein is eligible for the first presidential debate, Politico reports. In order to be invited to the debate, a candidate must be polling at 15%. The Commission on Presidential Debates announced Friday that Johnson is polling at an...
Biggest NH Paper: Don't
Vote for Clinton or Trump
Sep 15, 2016 3:34 AM CDT
Biggest NH Paper: Don't Vote for Clinton or Trump
'Union Leader' endorses Gary Johnson
New Hampshire Union Leader
says it isn't going to tell its readers to hold their noses and vote for Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump when there's an option that doesn't stink: Gary Johnson. In a front-page editorial in New Hampshire's only statewide newspaper, publisher Joseph...
Hits a Major
Sep 14, 2016 11:51 AM CDT
Gary Johnson Hits a Major Milestone
He'll be on the ballot in all 50 states, DC
- Gary Johnson may not have known until recently what Aleppo is , but the libertarian candidate for president has hit a major milestone: He will appear on the ballot in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. That's the first time since 1996 that a third-party candidate has qualified...
What Aleppo Is
Sep 8, 2016 9:43 AM CDT
Gary Johnson Doesn't Know What Aleppo Is
- The city of Aleppo has long been at the center of Syria's civil war—most recently in claims that the Syrian regime dropped chlorine gas bombs on its own people—so one might think presidential candidates would be pretty familiar with it. Not Gary Johnson. "What would you...
Major Va. Paper Endorses
Sep 5, 2016 1:26 AM CDT
Major Va. Paper Endorses 3rd-Party Candidate
Gary Johnson gets the nod from Times-Dispatch
, which has been endorsing Republican presidential candidates since at least 1980, thinks its readers should avoid both major parties this time around. "Neither Donald Trump nor Hillary Clinton meets the fundamental moral and professional standards we have every right to expect of an American president, the...
Gary Johnson Thinks He Could
Make Debates, or 'Game Over'
Aug 28, 2016 1:10 PM CDT
Gary Johnson Thinks He Could Make Debates, or 'Game Over'
Libertarian candidate needs to be polling at 15%; currently at 10%
- The man who would be the nation's first Libertarian president needs to be polling at 15% in order to make the stage with Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump at the presidential debates that kick off next month. Gary Johnson is currently polling at 10% in the five polls that...
May 29, 2016 1:01 PM CDT
Libertarians Pick Their Nominee
2012 nominee Gary Johnson gets another shot as third-party candidate
- The Libertarian Party has nominated former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson as its presidential candidate, and if his name rings a bell, that's because he was the party's nominee in 2012, reports the AP . Delegates to the party's convention in Orlando on Sunday picked Johnson on the...
Meet the Guy With
May 25, 2016 3:03 PM CDT
Meet the Guy With Surprising Poll Numbers Against Clinton, Trump
Libertarian Gary Johnson nabbed 10% in 2 recent matchups
- There's a guy who's "having a good day" and emerging with surprising poll numbers against Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, but he's someone FiveThirtyEight says is easy to confuse with "that plumber who fixed your running toilet last month or your spouse's weird friend...
Welcome to the
Jan 6, 2016 1:40 PM CST
Welcome to the POTUS Race, Gary Johnson
Libertarian and ex-NM governor throws his hat in the ring
- In a move Gawker says will "[render] Rand Paul even more irrelevant," former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson announced Wednesday he's running for president. "I want to take this opportunity to announce my candidacy for president; I am hoping to get the Libertarian nomination," Johnson...
Debate in Chicago
Oct 24, 2012 1:33 AM CDT
3rd-Party Candidates Debate in Chicago
Johnson, Stein, Anderson, Goode offer alternative platforms
- Four longshot candidates for president debated in Chicago last night, and they found plenty to agree on. Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson, Green Party candidate Jill Stein, Constitution Party candidate Virgil Goode, and Justice Party candidate Rocky Anderson discussed foreign policy, drug legalization, climate change, and civil rights in the debate...
Oct 17, 2012 11:35 AM CDT
Larry King Moderating 3rd-Party Debate
4 candidates will meet next week
- The third-party presidential candidates snagged a pretty well-known host for their debate next week: Larry King. King will moderate a debate between Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson, Green Party candidate Jill Stein, Constitution Party candidate Virgil Goode, and Justice Party candidate Rocky Anderson on Oct. 23 in Chicago, the
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Oscars Reviewing Rules After Controversial Nomination
Dallas Zoo Adds Another Mystery to the List
Woman Allegedly Killed Lookalike She Found on Instagram
TikTok Trend Leads to More Bad News for Kia, Hyundai Owners
With Laverne, Cindy Williams Skipped Through Milwaukee
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.