Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
3 Women Accept
Nobel Peace Prize
Dec 10, 2011 9:20 AM CST
3 Women Accept Nobel Peace Prize
Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Leymah Gbowee, and Tawakkol Karman honored
- Three women who fought injustice, dictatorship, and sexual violence in Liberia and Yemen accepted the 2011 Nobel Peace Prize today, calling on repressed women worldwide to rise up against male supremacy. "My sisters, my daughters, my friends—find your voice," Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf said after collecting...
Yemeni Gangs Injure
Oct 10, 2011 4:00 PM CDT
Yemeni Gangs Injure Women Protesters
Thousands marched for Nobel Peace Prize–winner
- Pro-government gangs assaulted dozens of women in Yemen yesterday marching to honor the country's new Nobel Peace Prize winner, CNN reports. Thousands of women turned out in three Yemeni provinces to celebrate Tawakkol Karman, the first Arab woman to win the prize. But the march in Taiz was disrupted...
One Woman Leads the Way
in Yemen's Uprising
Feb 15, 2011 10:16 AM CST
One Woman Leads the Way in Yemen's Uprising
Tawakkol Karman says prez threatened her
- Women are second-class citizens in Yemen, yet it’s a woman leading the country's latest round of protests, the
reports. Tawakkol Karman, a 32-year-old mother of three, is the country’s best-known activist, and she organized the first protests at Sanaa University following the ouster of Zine el-Abidine...
Popular on Newser
New Leads on How Live Ammo May Have Gotten on Rust Set
Chief of Staff: Trump Tested Positive, Didn't Reveal It
Before Oxford High School Shooting, Rumors of Attack
California City Declares Itself a 'Constitutional Republic'
CNN Suspends Chris Cuomo Indefinitely
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.