Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
Couple Married in
Apr 16, 2016 2:10 PM CDT
Couple Married in World's First Pastafarian Wedding
May the Flying Spaghetti Monster bless the happy couple
- The wedding rings were made of pasta, the ceremony was held on a pirate boat, and when it came time for the kiss, the bride and groom slurped up either end of a noodle until their lips met. The AP reports the world's first Pastafarian wedding, conducted by the...
Inmate's Suit on
Apr 15, 2016 9:42 AM CDT
Judge Tosses Inmate's Suit on 'Flying Spaghetti Monster' Faith
It's a 'parody,' not a religion, he rules
- A judge has dismissed a Nebraska inmate's lawsuit that claimed he was denied his right to worship the divine Flying Spaghetti Monster, and that he was mocked and faced discrimination for his faith, reports the AP . Stephen Cavanaugh sued the Department of Correctional Services and penitentiary officials in 2014...
Dec 15, 2015 6:28 PM CST
Pastafarians Can Now Perform Weddings in New Zealand
Break out your formal colanders
- New Zealand residents will soon be able to doff their colanders to happy couples, as the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster was approved to perform marriages in New Zealand, Stuff reports. According to the New Zealand Gazette , the application from the religion—also known as Pastafarianism—was approved last...
Scores a Win
Nov 15, 2015 7:30 AM CST
Pastafarian Scores a Win Vs. Mass.
Yes, Lindsay Miller, you can wear a colander in your driver's license photo
- Score another victory for the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster: The Commonwealth of Massachusetts—normally not one to allow head coverings in driver's license photos—has made an exception for one Lindsay Miller and the colander she likes to wear as a hat. As the AP notes, Miller...
Austrian Can Wear Pasta
Strainer in License Photo
Jul 13, 2011 2:37 PM CDT
Austrian Can Wear Pasta Strainer in License Photo
He claims it's a symbol of his religion—pastafarianism
- Hopefully his car never breaks down in a thunderstorm. An Austrian atheist has won the right to don a pasta strainer on his head in his driver's license photo, reports the BBC . Austrians are permitted to wear headgear in official photographs only for religious reasons, and Niko Alm claims...
Popular on Newser
Kelsey Grammer Interview Abruptly Ends After Trump Question
A 'Shocking' Find on Trading Ahead of Hamas' Oct. 7 Attack
Fetterman Forks Over $343.20 for a Santos Troll Video
Mackenzie Phillips: I Forgave Dad for Me, Not Him
Canadian Entrepreneur, Philanthropist Found Dead With His Partner
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.